Dear Friends in Christ,
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. Happy 2nd week of Advent to all!
As I type this letter, Christmas decorations are going up (I think Dcn John is on a ladder in the Church at this very moment). Nonetheless, Coronavirus regrettably remains front-page material. With all the potentially disquieting headlines, it should be reassuring to consider that we have not seen any reports where attending Mass has become a “hot spot”. This is only possible through our tremendous volunteers, and I thank them for keeping our Church open for prayer and worship!
So with that preamble, here is what we are doing for the celebration of our Christmas Liturgies at St Edward:
- First, for all of the masses, we are asking you to please “RSVP” through the weblink at the top of the Parish Website – www.sainted.org
- All Masses will be streamed at www.sainted.org and on our Facebook page
- Communion “in the parking lot” will only be distributed after 4pm Christmas Eve and 8am Christmas Day Masses
- We have a special mass for those who consider themselves “high risk”
- There is no particular “Children’s Mass” (historically has been 4:30pm), since we have no special children’s programming this year
- To mitigate aerosol, and yet offer the opportunity for those desiring music/song, we have 2 masses where there will be singing (6pm & 8pm, Eve)
- We have added Confession times: Dec 21st, 22nd & 23rd) from 7pm – 8pm
Finally, providing a most welcoming and yet safest possible environment for everyone is paramount. Christmas masses have historically been “over crowded”, but we simply cannot have that this year. Since we are restricted to no more than 25% of our maximum occupancy, I am asking (pleading) everyone to “RSVP” for one of the Mass times by clicking through the link at the top of our www.sainted.org website. If you have difficulty or do not have internet access, please call the Parish Office and give a verbal RSVP. We will record it and update the record.
Know of my continued prayers for each and everyone of you, for your families and for our community. Please keep me in your prayers. May you have a blessed Advent and Merry Christmas.
Advent Confession: Dec 21st, 22nd & 23rd, 7pm – 8pm
Regular Confession times remain 3pm to 4pm on Saturday
Christmas Mass Schedule
Please RSVP through www.sainted.org
(click on link at the top of the homepage)
2:00pm Vigil Mass, designated for “high risk” parishioners (no music)
4:00pm Vigil Mass (no music)
6:00pm Vigil Mass (with music)
8:00pm Solemn “Midnight” Mass (with music & incense)
8:00am Mass (no music)
10:30am Mass (no music)
All Masses will be streamed “live”
Other Online Masses & Resources
From the Cathedral in Peoria: www.cdop.org